Connect with us

Crime

Poison Allegation: Expect DSS Invitation, NSA Office Replies El-Rufai

Published

on

By Patrick Idowu

The Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), has replied former Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, over his allegation that the agency imported a toxic chemical from Poland, telling him to expect an invitation from the Department of State Services (DSS), as the matter has been referred for investigation.

El-Rufai had written to the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, claiming opposition leaders had information that ONSA procured about 10 kilograms of thallium sulphate, a highly poisonous substance.

He requested clarification on the purpose, supplier, permits, quantity, storage arrangements and regulatory oversight, including involvement of agencies such as NAFDAC and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

In a response released to journalists on Sunday night, ONSA denied the allegation, stating it neither procured nor initiated any process to purchase thallium sulphate and had no intention of doing so.

The letter, signed by Brigadier-General O.M. Adesuyi on behalf of the NSA, said the allegation had been referred to the DSS for a comprehensive investigation, adding that El-Rufai and others with relevant information would be invited to provide evidence.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Police Arrest Two in Abuja Over Alleged Homicide of 16 Year Old

Published

on

By Onyeanya Ebere Immaculata

Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Command, have arrested two suspects over the alleged culpable homicide of a 16 year old boy, Chidera Benjamin, in the Byazhin area of Abuja.

The suspects, identified as Cosmos Okafor, 31, and Okechukwu Wisdom, 17, were arrested following the incident which occurred on Thursday, February 12, 2026, according to the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh.

Adeh said police received a distress call that Benjamin allegedly attacked his mother with a machete during a domestic dispute. Preliminary findings showed the mother had accused him of transferring money from her bank account to his Opay account without her consent.

The boy allegedly became violent during the confrontation and inflicted serious injury on her hand.

The police said two neighbours who witnessed the incident allegedly attacked the teenager in response. He sustained severe injuries and was rushed to Kubwa General Hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

The suspects are in custody and will be charged to court after investigations. The FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Miller Dantawaye, urged residents to avoid jungle justice and resolve disputes through lawful means.

Continue Reading

Crime

Fresh Abduction Hits Benue-Taraba Border as Police Rescues Nine

Published

on

By Omoniyi David

Nine worshippers abducted during a midnight vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church, Ojije, Utonkon in Ado Local Government Area of Benue State have been rescued unharmed, while a fresh abduction was reported along the Benue-Taraba border.

The freed victims, kidnapped a week ago, regained their freedom on Saturday following coordinated security operations by the Benue State Police Command and other agencies.

Two suspects, Abubakar Jibril and Ashiru Ibrahim, were arrested on February 11 with ammunition, and further raids on February 14 recovered an AK-47 rifle and led to the arrest of two additional suspects.

Police said the operations directly pressured the criminal network, resulting in the safe release of the worshippers.

Meanwhile, tension persists along the Takum-Tor Donga-Katsina Road in Katsina-Ala LGA after a businesswoman and nine passengers were abducted on February 9 at Tse-De while travelling from Taraba State.

Families described the incident as traumatic, with no communication from the abductors.

Governor Hyacinth Alia praised security operatives for their swift response and urged continued collaboration with federal agencies, local vigilantes, and traditional leaders to protect communities.

Continue Reading

Crime

DSS Files Criminal Charges Against El-Rufai

Published

on

By Patrick Idowu

The Department of State Services (DSS), has filed criminal charges against former Kaduna State governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, at the Federal High Court, Abuja, over alleged unlawful interception of communications.

The charges, dated 16 February 2026, stem from a televised Arise TV interview in which El-Rufai reportedly admitted that he and associates intercepted the phone communications of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.

El-Rufai faces alleged violations under Sections 12(1) and 27(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024, and Section 131(2) of the Nigerian Communications Act, 2003.

The DSS said the alleged acts endangered public safety, national security, and created apprehension among the public.

Continue Reading

Trending

marsbahisanal escort sirinevlercasivalcasivalmeritbetcasinoroyalpiabellacasinobetciobetparkcasinolevanttrendbetjokerbetHoliganbetjojobet girişjojobetholiganbetbayrampaşaistanbul türbanlı escortjojobet girişGalabet girişGalabetdinamobet girişcasibomcasibommarsbahiscasibomBetpascasibompusulabetJojobetCasibompalacebetpalacebetromabetbetkolikbetnisbetofficejojobet girişjojobet girişgrandpashabetromabetbetasusmatbetgrandpashabet güncel girişdeneme bonusu veren sitelercasibomiptv satın almeritbetjojobetradissonbetgrandpashabetroyalbetBetsalvadorritzbet girişCasibomBahislioncasibomcasibom girişBetsalvadorradissonbetmarsbahisimajbetbarbibetholiganbetbetlikecasibom1xbet1xbetbetasuscasibomcasibom girişmatbethiltonbetjojobetcasibommaxwinonwinpinbahis girişpinbahispusulabet girişvbet girişbets10vbetdumplingnoodle.comcratosroyalbetcratosroyalbetbetwoonspincomatbet girişmatbet güncel girişpusulabet girişpusulabet girişcratosroyalbetpusulabetsekabetmarsbahismatbetgrandpashabetradissonbetromabetbetturkeydinamobetmarsbahisjojobet girişcratosroyalbetmarsbahiscasibomcasibom giriş