Connect with us

Crime

Invoke Curses on…BUF pleads Oba of Benin

Published

on

Following renewed cult-related killings in Edo State, the Benin United Forum (BUF), has urged the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, to curse those involved in cult-related killings, as he did when human trafficking became an embarrassment in the kingdom.

In addition, the Edo State Police Command has reported that one person has died in the state’s rekindled cult conflict.

According to a source close to the scene of the confrontation in Upper Sokponba, eight people died.

The most recent clash is supposed to be between the Eiye and Vikings confraternity.

Though the reason of the conflicts is unknown, it is thought that the situation worsened when some of the people considered to be leaders of the organizations attempted to mediate the matter at Tipper Garage on Upper Sokponba Road in the Idogbo neighborhood.

It was stated that the attempt to reconcile difficulties did not work out, so some ‘Eiye men’ attacked the Vikings members and inflicted injuries on them with knives, but no lives were lost.

The source said, “The Vikings went back in their numbers and killed one of the top members of ‘Eiye’ which led to an escalation of the crisis and killing spree. The challenge in this is that one of the groups does not accept apology and the other does not apologise,” the source stated.

Meanwhile, the Benin United Forum has urged the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, to put curses on those involved in cult-related killings, as he did when human trafficking reached humiliating proportions in the kingdom.

Benin United Forum issued a press release on Tuesday, signed by the group’s President and Secretary, Iyamu Culture and Osayuki-Osa Benson. It read  “We humbly appeal to Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo, Uku Akpolo Kpolo, Oba Ewuare II, to direct our Ohens (Chief Priests) across the length and breadth of Benin Kingdom to immediately place curse(s) on those who are hiding under cultism to kill themselves in parts of Benin City which have consumed the lives of countless youths especially at Upper Sakponba Axis which is often seen as the center ground for the barbaric act, followed by Egor/Uwelu, Ugbowo/Uselu, part of GRA.”

Another group, the Network of Civil Society Organisations, has urged the authorities to relax the state’s ban on vigilante groups in order to tackle the threat posed by cults.

According to the organization’s president, Ogbidi Emmanuel, the cult clash is partly blamed on the state’s porous security, which resulted from the “needless ban on the Edo State Joint Security Network,” which had previously been trained by the police.

“The ban, which was pronounced by the Inspector General of Police Mr Kayode Egbetokun have since brought about great increase in crime to an alarming rate, especially within the locals.”

The statement urged police to investigate the cult-related killings and bring criminals to justice.

When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer Moses Yamu stated that one person has been slain in the latest cult fight in the state.

“I don’t know if there were cult killings, but I can confirm one corpse was picked on Monday around the pipeline,  I have the picture on my phone. As of Tuesday, I don’t have any information that anything has happened,” he added.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

ICPC Recovers Alleged Wiretapping Devices from El Rufai Home, Secures 14 Day Detention Order

Published

on

By

By Omoniyi David

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission said it recovered suspected wiretapping devices and sensitive security documents from the Abuja residence of former Kaduna State governor Nasir el Rufai.

The commission disclosed that a Magistrate Court in Bwari, Federal Capital Territory, granted a 14 day detention order to allow investigators conclude their probe.

According to the agency, electronic equipment capable of intercepting phone conversations was discovered during a search at el Rufai’s Asokoro home. Officials also said documents described as sensitive to national security were recovered.

The ICPC dismissed claims that the former governor was being unlawfully detained or politically targeted, insisting that due process was followed.

In filings before the Federal Capital Territory High Court, the commission urged the court to dismiss el Rufai’s suit alleging violation of his fundamental rights, maintaining that its actions were lawful and necessary for a thorough investigation.

Continue Reading

Crime

Police Arrest Two in Abuja Over Alleged Homicide of 16 Year Old

Published

on

By

By Onyeanya Ebere Immaculata

Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Command, have arrested two suspects over the alleged culpable homicide of a 16 year old boy, Chidera Benjamin, in the Byazhin area of Abuja.

The suspects, identified as Cosmos Okafor, 31, and Okechukwu Wisdom, 17, were arrested following the incident which occurred on Thursday, February 12, 2026, according to the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh.

Adeh said police received a distress call that Benjamin allegedly attacked his mother with a machete during a domestic dispute. Preliminary findings showed the mother had accused him of transferring money from her bank account to his Opay account without her consent.

The boy allegedly became violent during the confrontation and inflicted serious injury on her hand.

The police said two neighbours who witnessed the incident allegedly attacked the teenager in response. He sustained severe injuries and was rushed to Kubwa General Hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

The suspects are in custody and will be charged to court after investigations. The FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Miller Dantawaye, urged residents to avoid jungle justice and resolve disputes through lawful means.

Continue Reading

Crime

Poison Allegation: Expect DSS Invitation, NSA Office Replies El-Rufai

Published

on

By

By Patrick Idowu

The Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), has replied former Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, over his allegation that the agency imported a toxic chemical from Poland, telling him to expect an invitation from the Department of State Services (DSS), as the matter has been referred for investigation.

El-Rufai had written to the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, claiming opposition leaders had information that ONSA procured about 10 kilograms of thallium sulphate, a highly poisonous substance.

He requested clarification on the purpose, supplier, permits, quantity, storage arrangements and regulatory oversight, including involvement of agencies such as NAFDAC and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

In a response released to journalists on Sunday night, ONSA denied the allegation, stating it neither procured nor initiated any process to purchase thallium sulphate and had no intention of doing so.

The letter, signed by Brigadier-General O.M. Adesuyi on behalf of the NSA, said the allegation had been referred to the DSS for a comprehensive investigation, adding that El-Rufai and others with relevant information would be invited to provide evidence.

Continue Reading

Trending

Deneme Bonusu Veren SitelergrandpashabetJojobetligobetstarzbetjojobet girişchild porngrandpashabetgrandpashabetchild pornGrandpashabetgrandpashabetporno izlekargabetgrandpashabetgrandpashabetgrandpashabetholiganbetgrandpashabetholiganbetholiganbetjojobetjojobetjojobetbahiscasinobahiscasinobetgitbahiscasinomarsbahiscasibom bahiscasinomarsbahismarsbahisbahiscasinobahiscasinoibizabetgrandpashabetcasinoroyalgrandpashabetmatbet girişpusulabetimajbetbetciosuperbetinpusulabet güncel girişsuperbetinwbahis giriştlcasinotambet girişbahiscombahiscomamkbetGrandpashabetpusulabet giriştaraftarium24child pornmatadorbetsuperbetin girişbetpuanbetpuansonbahissonbahisjojobetbetgitcasinowonsuperbetinparmabet girişparmabetslotbarmatadorbetmatadorbetGoldenbahis2010marsbahis.comnesinecasinocratosroyalbetwbahisimajbetimajbetsekabetholiganbetpusulabettlcasino giriştambetbahiscom girişamkbet girişgrandpashabetmatbetcasibom girişcasibomcasibom girişmarsbahisholiganbetjojobetjojobetJojobetHoliganbetMarsbahisCasibomjojobet girişjojobet girişcasibommarsbahis girişMarsbahis