Connect with us

Education

UNICAL Scraps Post-UTME for Admissions

Published

on

The University of Calabar has cancelled the 2024/2025 aptitude test, popularly known as Post-UTME, for candidates seeking admission to the university.

The Post-UTME screening, which was slated to begin on August 26, 2024, has been replaced with an O’level point grading system, according to a circular sent by the university’s Registrar, Mr Gabriel Egbe, on Monday in Calabar.

According to the circular titled “Change in Mode of Admissions Screening Exercise from Aptitude Test to O’ level Point Grading System,” the university’s management considered factors such as high transportation costs caused by fuel scarcity in the country, accommodation, logistics, and the country’s security situation before cancelling the 2024/2025 Post-UTME screening exercise.

“The University of Calabar desires to inform the general public that the 2024/2025 Post-UTME screening exercise, which was planned to begin on Monday, August 26, 2024, will no longer take place as scheduled.

“Management of the University, having taken into consideration, factors such as high cost of transportation occasioned by fuel scarcity in the country, accommodation, logistics and the security situation in the Country, has decided to cancel the 2024/2025 Post-UTME screening exercise.

“Candidates who chose the University of Calabar as their first choice institution and have registered online for the 2024 Post-UTME screening exercise, are hereby advised to visit the nearest JAMB-CBT centre to upload their O’level results. The University will score all candidates based on their O’level grades, using the point tally system for the purpose of 2024/2025 admissions,” the circular said.

The university also announced a one-week extension for Post-UTME registration on its webpage, advising candidates who have not to register to take advantage of this chance by Saturday, August 31, 2024.

According to the organization, there will be no more extensions to the registration deadline, as the site will be closed on August 31, 2024.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

Oyelami Named Acting CEO of National Mathematical Centre

Published

on

By

By Omoniyi David

The Federal Government has appointed Professor Oyelami as Acting Chief Executive Officer of the National Mathematical Centre with immediate effect.

The appointment was announced in a statement by the centre’s Controller of Information and Public Relations, Onyekachi Njoku. He said the decision followed the elevation of the former CEO, Promise Mebine, as Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University Otuoke.

Njoku disclosed that the approval was conveyed in a letter signed by Rakiya Ilyasu, Director of University Education at the Federal Ministry of Education.

Professor Oyelami, a mathematician who joined the centre over two decades ago from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, previously served as Coordinator of the Mathematics and Theoretical Physics programmes and as Deputy Director/Academic Planning Coordinator.

An alumnus of the University of Jos and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, he holds a Second-Class Upper degree, MSc and PhD in Mathematics and has published widely in local and international journals.

The centre said his appointment would strengthen its mandate to promote research, innovation and capacity building in mathematical sciences.

Continue Reading

Abuja Reports

UniAbuja Council Denies NELFUND Loan Diversion Claim

Published

on

By

By Patrick Idowu

The Governing Council of the University of Abuja has refuted allegations that the institution diverted funds provided by the Nigerian Education Loan Fund (NELFUND), for its students.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the council, chaired by Senator Olanrewaju Tejuoso, said no NELFUND money was diverted, misappropriated or unlawfully withheld by the university or any of its officials.

The denial comes a day after NELFUND also dismissed the allegation and cleared the university of wrongdoing.

The statement, signed by the Acting Registrar and Secretary to the Governing Council, Malam Sambo Mohammed, said the university operates within established financial regulations and maintains strict accountability in managing intervention funds.

The council urged the public to disregard what it described as a misleading media report, while reaffirming confidence in the university’s management led by Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Hakeem Babatunde Fawehinmi.

Continue Reading

Education

JAMB Warns Candidates Against Infractions in 2026 UTME Registration

Published

on

By

By Onyeanya Ebere Immaculata

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned that candidates who violate registration rules or breach the attestation signed during the ongoing 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), registration will face severe sanctions.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, issued the warning on Monday as the registration entered its third week.

He said offenders could be barred from sitting for the UTME for up to three years, adding that the names of defaulters may be published in national newspapers and forwarded to other public examination bodies.

Oloyede also disclosed that candidates involved in serious offences could be handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), or the Police for prosecution.

JAMB said the measures are aimed at protecting the integrity of the examination process and ensuring fairness for all candidates.

Continue Reading

Trending

radyoenerji.com.tr1winSweet bonanzabahis siteleriiptv satın algrandpashabet girişgrandpashabetJojobetkralbetteosbetteosbetjojobetgrandpashabetbahiscomkralbethttps://ericasuter.com/padişahbetbahsinebetpuanmatadorbetmatadorbetperabetcasino sitelerigoldenbahisroyalbetdeneme bonusu veren sitelerdeneme bonusu veren sitelerdeneme bonusubahiscasinocasibomcasibompusulabetgrandpashabet girişmarsbahis güncel girişmatbet güncel girişsekabet girişkavbetimajbet girişbetebetdeneme bonusubahiscasinojojobet girişbahiscasinojojobet girişholiganbet girişamgbahisbahiscasinojojobet girişdeneme bonusu veren sitelerbetplay girişgrandpashabetmarsbahismatbetmatbetsekabetimajbetvdcasinograndpashabetjojobetholiganbetvdcasinoparobetbetixirsekabetmatbetcasinoroyal girişpalacebet girişteosbet girişbetplay girişbahiscasino girişromabet girişbetpuansonbahis girişimajbetkralbetimajbetslotraSekabetSekabetganobetjojobet girişgüvenilir bahis sitelerimarsbahismarsbahis girişpusulabetdddslotbarfffultrabetsahabetmercurecasinocasinomilyon girişcasinowon girişbetplaysonbahisbetplay girişcasinomilyonwbahis girişcasinowoncasinowon girişbetplaytambet girişwbahissonbahis giriştambetnesinecasinosonbahisCasibomligobetonwinBetorderBetorder girişCasibomJojobetgrandpashabet girişmeritkingpusulabet girişjojobetjojobet girişCasibomJojobetHoliganbetOnwinroyalbeteros mac tvpokerklasdeneme bonusudeneme bonusuCasibomcasibomholiganbet