Connect with us

Insecurity

Gunmen Abduct Six Worshippers at Ondo Church

Published

on

By Patrick Idowu

Gunmen have abducted six worshippers at a Celestial Church of Christ in Uso, Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The attack occurred around 12:50 a.m. on Wednesday during a night service, police said. The incident comes days after a couple was abducted in Ilu-Abo community, Akure North LGA, amid rising security concerns in the state.

Police spokesperson Jimoh Abayomi said operatives, in collaboration with the Nigerian Army and local vigilantes, launched a rescue operation shortly after receiving the report.

“One of the kidnapped victims has been rescued, while one suspect has been arrested and is assisting ongoing investigations,” he said.

Abayomi assured that efforts were ongoing to secure the release of the remaining victims and apprehend other perpetrators, urging residents to remain calm and provide credible information to security agencies.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Abuja Reports

Kubwa Residents Seek Help Over Incessant Bandit Attacks

Published

on

By

By Patrick Idowu

Residents of Peze and Kungabokun communities in the Byazhin-Across area of Kubwa, a satellite town in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, have raised alarm over persistent kidnappings by suspected bandits.

They said the gunmen, believed to be operating from surrounding hills and bushes, invade homes at night and abduct residents, including women and children.

A resident, Philip Ikechukwu, claimed that at least 20 people had been kidnapped in the last two weeks. He said the attacks had created widespread fear despite the presence of a joint patrol by soldiers, police and civil defence personnel.

Chief Kalu Uma, a resident of nearby Ijayapi community, described the attacks as a troubling development and urged the government to strengthen security in the area.

Pastor Tony Anotu of Revival Family Church recounted how four of his children, aged between six and 16, were abducted on March 3 but later rescued by security operatives without ransom.

He said the kidnappers left behind his three-year-old child and also abducted a vigilante member’s wife and her sister, who were later rescued during the operation.

Village Head of Peze, Chief Saidu Ibrahim, said at least 16 residents were kidnapped from his ward within the period and called for the establishment of a permanent security base.

Similarly, the Village Head of Kungabokun, Chief Jagaba Ishaya, said a vigilante officer was killed while several people were abducted during separate attacks, urging authorities to equip local vigilantes adequately.

Meanwhile, the spokesperson of the FCT Police Command, SP Josephine Adeh, confirmed that security operatives rescued several victims during joint operations involving the police, military and DSS.

She added that some suspects were neutralised, others escaped with gunshot wounds, while two suspects were arrested.

Continue Reading

Abuja Reports

FG Reveals Identity of Terrorists Troubling Nigeria

Published

on

By

By Ade Iyamoye 

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Dr. George Akume, has revealed that many of the terrorists responsible for killings and insecurity in Nigeria are foreign nationals operating from outside the country.

Speaking at the 2026 First Plenary Assembly of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria in Abuja, Akume said security reports indicate that several arrested suspects do not speak English or indigenous Nigerian languages fluently but communicate mainly in French.

“Many of these people who have been arrested don’t speak English. They speak very poor Hausa, but they speak French. Do we speak French in Nigeria? No,” he stated, adding that while Boko Haram has local roots, a significant number of bandits and killers operating in forests in states such as Niger are from outside Nigeria’s borders.

The SGF disclosed that the Federal Government is working closely with international partners, including the United States, following Nigeria’s designation as a Country of Particular Concern.

He referenced recent drone strikes against terrorist elements in Sokoto as evidence that government is not idle in tackling insecurity.

According to him, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s recent visit to Turkey was largely to procure advanced military hardware, including drones, to strengthen Nigeria’s technological capacity in combating terrorism. He also revealed that 50,000 additional police personnel have been recruited to boost internal security operations.

Akume acknowledged that insecurity remains a serious challenge but insisted it is a global phenomenon, not peculiar to Nigeria. He urged Nigerians, particularly religious leaders whom he described as the “moral conscience of the nation,” to engage issues holistically and avoid narratives that could erode public confidence.

The SGF further noted that illegal mining has contributed significantly to insecurity, as criminal groups exploit mineral resources to fund violent activities. He said the Federal Government has tightened mining regulations and strengthened enforcement to curb abuse in the sector.

Reaffirming government’s commitment to the welfare of citizens, Akume said democracy remains “government of the people, by the people, and for the people,” stressing that legitimate power is derived from the citizenry and must serve the collective good.

He assured the bishops of continued partnership between the Federal Government and the Catholic Church in promoting peace, social cohesion, youth empowerment and national development.

Continue Reading

Abuja Reports

Wike Declares Work Free Friday, Imposes Movement Restriction Ahead of FCT Polls

Published

on

By

By Ade Iyamoye

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has declared Friday, February 20, 2026, a work free day and announced restriction of movement across the FCT from 8pm on Friday to 6pm on Saturday ahead of the Area Council elections scheduled for Saturday, February 21.

Wike made the announcement in a special broadcast on national television and radio stations on Thursday, urging residents to turn out in large numbers to vote for candidates of their choice.

According to the minister, the directives were approved by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to enable residents travel to their communities and participate fully in the elections.

He directed all security agencies to ensure strict compliance with the movement restriction order.

Describing the polls as a crucial opportunity to shape the future of the FCT, Wike urged residents to conduct themselves in an orderly and lawful manner and to respect the outcome of the election.

The minister also commended President Tinubu for signing the Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2026 into law, saying it reflects the administration’s commitment to strengthening democratic institutions and ensuring free, fair and transparent elections.

He expressed hope that the elections would produce quality leaders capable of promoting development, peace and prosperity in the FCT.

The FCT Area Council elections will see the emergence of chairmen and councillors across the six area councils.

Continue Reading

Trending

radyoenerji.com.tr1winSweet bonanzabahis siteleriiptv satın algrandpashabet girişgrandpashabetJojobetRomabetRomabetbetasusgrandpashabetbahiscommarsbahisdeneme bonusubetofficebahsinebetpuanmatadorbetmatadorbetimajbetcasino siteleriroyalbetjojobetjojobetjojobetmatbetpasacasinopasacasinocasibommarsbahis güncel girişmatbet güncel girişpusulabet güncel girişradissonbet girişkavbetgrandpashabet girişbetebetCratosroyalbetjojobetbetgitgameofbetradissonbetgrandpashabetholiganbetgameofbetbetgitjojobetgrandpashabetmarsbahisjojobet girişmatbetpusulabetjojobet girişvdcasino girişholiganbetpusulabetsekabetmatbettaksimbetcapitolbetimajbetsekabetibizabetwbahistambetjojobetcashwinamgbahiscasinowonmercurecasinoimajbetkralbetjojobet girişligobetSekabetSekabetgameofbetjojobet girişgüvenilir bahis sitelerimarsbahismarsbahis girişpusulabetligobet güncelslotbarligobet güncel girişsahabet girişligobet girişcasinomilyon1win girişbetgit girişcasinoroyalbetsalvadorgrandpashabetpalacebetbettiltteosbetbetgit girişbetgitholiganbetromabetjojobetradissonbetgrandpashabetbetsalvadorCasibomligobetsüperbetinBetorderBetorder girişbetasusCasibomJojobetmarsbahis güncel girişmeritkingbetsatmarsbahisjojobetjojobet girişCasibomJojobetHoliganbetOnwinroyalbeteros mac tvpokerklasdeneme bonusudeneme bonusuCasibomcasibomholiganbetholiganbetkavbetmarsbahismarsbahis girişholiganbetholiganbet girişcasibomholiganbetholiganbet girişholiganbetholiganbet girişMarsbahisMarsbahis GirişMarsbahisCasibom