Abducted Zamfara Schoolgirls Not Released Yet – CP

Admin 01-Mar-2021 Nigeria_News


Nigerians’ll be shocked by those behind schoolgirls’ abduction -  Matawalle

Zamfara state commissioner of Police, CP Abutu Yaro, yesterday debunked rife stories about the release of the over 300 abducted female students, saying they had  not been released.

The CP clarified the command in collaboration with other security agencies and the state government were intensifying efforts that would lead to the safe rescue of the students.

The CP's disclosure came amidst confusions over the release of the schoolgirls on Sunday. While top government officials and the state governor said they had been released, an online newspaper, The Cable reported the state Commissioner for Information and Culture,  Suleiman  Anka, said they had not been released.

Earlier on Sunday, the governor while receiving Emirs, who visited him, said government was awaiting the arrival of “the released kidnapped students of GSSS Jangebe at the Government House today  (Sunday).”

As the confusion worsened Sunday, the governor and other top government officials left the Government House where they had been awaiting the arrival of the students.

In a statement on Sunday titled, ‘Zamafara abducted students not released,’ the CP said: “The attention of Zamfara Zamfara State Police Command  has been drawn to  the news currently trending on some online media platforms that  the  abducted  students of Government Girls Science Secondary school Jangebe in Talata Mafara LGA have been released.

“From the records available to the police command, the abducted students have not been released. However, the command in collaboration with other security agencies and the state government are intensifying efforts that will lead to the safe rescue of the students,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle has said he had many revelations to make about the attack on Government Girls’ Secondary School, Jangebe on Friday, when over 300 students were abducted.

The governor, who stated this when 17 Emirs in the state paid him a sympathy visit over the abduction of the schoolgirls, explained Nigerians would be shocked if they knew the people who schemes the girls' abduction.

Also during the visit, the Emir of Anka and  Chairman of Zamfara state Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Attahiru Anka,  berated the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), over the upsurge in killings and kidnappings by bandits in the country.

Gunmen had Friday attacked GGSS Jangede, and abducted over 300 girls, while seven of the girls escaped while they were being taken into the bush.

The attack occurred almost two weeks after bandits abducted 27 students and 15 workers of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State.

Before the attack in Kagara, bandits had struck in Kundu village, also in Niger State and abducted passengers of the state transport service bus.

Commenting on the rising insecurity in the country, the Emir of Anka blamed the Federal  Government, saying “The Federal Government is in total control of the security operatives in the country and not the state governors, as such the President is the one who has failed to address the issue of insecurity.”

Matawalle who expressed appreciation for the Emirs' visit, said  “As we await the arrival of the released kidnapped students of GSSS Jangebe at the Government House today, I want to inform you that there are many revelations in relation to the abduction of these students.”

He spoke: “Many people will be surprised to hear those people behind the abduction of these innocent children. They are not comfortable with the progress I am getting as a result of my peace initiative and they want to do all they can to sabotage my efforts”.

“I will insha Allah succeed at the end of the day and they will bury their faces in shame,” said the governor.

Comment Form is loading comments...

Related Posts